Monday, April 6, 2015

Bhagavad Gita, 1968 - Stamp, First Day Cover and Brochure

                                                                                           
When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of external tragedies and if they have not left any visible or invisible effect on me, I owe it to the teaching of the Bhagavad Gita. (Mahatma Gandhi)

On 25.08.1978 a special stamp was issued to commemorate the Bhagavad Gita. The first half of Chapter 2, Verse 47, i.e., "कर्मण्ये वाधिकरस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन" in Sanskrit has been inscribed on the stamp. Two other verses are displayed in the background of the
FDC.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर् भवति भारत 
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्याहम्
परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम्
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय संभवामि युगे युगे

Brochure-2
Brochure-1


No comments:

Post a Comment